1:1 tuition can feel like the obvious get-out from your 60-hour teaching job . . . until you get really busy, teaching all sorts of things to all sorts of people.
Whilst this is a very nice problem to have, it always leads to very specific pain points.
Firstly – you’ve swapped your 60h-a-week teaching job for an intensely busy 1:1 tuition biz, and . . .
- you’ve barely reduced your workload by the time you’ve planned all these lessons and done your admin, marketing etc . . . (a quick route to burnout)
- You’re earning less than your teaching job and it’s completely hit-and-miss because your income drops when clients are sick, take a holiday, or you take a holiday (God forbid)!
- you get leads coming in and nowhere for them to go because there’s only so much of you to go around
- you watch these perfect ideal clients go and buy from someone else because you can’t serve them right then and it all feels so fricking frustrating.
So it’s time to explore a different model – one that means you are serving a group of similar clients who all want to learn the same thing and have the same outcome – without messing around with loads of planning, subjects, levels and ages.
Which is how I landed on the structure my clients and I use today and honestly I love it.
The core change is moving from 1:1 tuition to an online group programme which you enrol into regularly in a laid-back but strategic way to those who are ready to buy.
It keeps your income consistent, your client roster growing and it means you get tons more free time.
The best part? Any time an ideal client needs your support, you can offer it.
No more, “sorry I’m fully booked” or “I can help you in 3 month’s time”.
To move from 1:1 to a group programme we do three things:
- Design out a programme structure that worked for students joining anytime. My 2 Hour Tutor Programme Structure combines content, live support and community.
- Commit to a simple marketing strategy which brings new people into your world who want your services, every single week
- Create a sales cycle which enrols new students in a natural and sustainable way every single month.
If you want to enrol leads every single month, it’s simple really… create the container which allows you do to that and the systems which feed it.
That’s what I help with by the way in my 4 month mentorship programme “The 2 Hour Tutor”.
If you’d like more info on that, here are 2 ways I can help you map out and launch your tuition business
1. Book a free Game Plan call
Thinking about getting a proper tuition business off the ground? I have a simple progress pathway to 2 and 3k months and we will map this out together:
2. Work with me closely in my 4 month mentorship programme, the 2 Hour Tutor
If you’d like to work directly with me to create a scalable group programme, or turn your existing 1:1 tuition business into a group programme … just
reply back with the subject line ‘2 Hour Tutor’ and I’ll get you the details.
This is for you if you:
- Have already quit / decided to quit teaching
- Are serious about creating a tuition biz that replaces or exceeds your teaching income