Are you desperate to leave teaching? Discover your 3 alternatives:
1 – Start a new job from scratch, probably with a pay cut.
2 – Invest in retraining for a different career, with short-term costs and no immediate income.
3 – Monetize your existing skillset through online courses or tutoring and get paid NOW!
Let’s delve into option 3, but what if you don’t want to fill your days with one-on-one tutoring? Imagine teaching for just 2 hours a week while doubling your income!
You can teach anything you love, focus on one subject, and discover why less is more. Charging more can attract better clients. Say goodbye to reinventing the wheel and embrace one programme you run repeatedly.
Think about the extra ‘life’ you’d have time for. Exciting, isn’t it?
1:1 Tutoring Model: Pros:
- Say yes to almost anyone who asks.
- Teach a variety of subjects.
- Quick start.
- Reactive to clients’ needs.
- Intense, draining sessions.
- High workload, often planning 10-20 lessons per week.
- Inconsistent income due to holidays, client breaks, and rebookings.
- Earning ceiling – limited by your time.
- Can feel like swapping one stressful job for another.
2 Hour Tutor Model: Pros:
- Create the programme once.
- Serve similar students with the same goals.
- Steady monthly income.
- Community feel leads to better results.
- Scalable with ease (no ceiling to your earnings as you are no longer trading time for money).
- No lesson planning.
- More free time for side projects, hobbies, and holidays.
Not cons exactly, but things to consider:
- Choose only 1 thing you love to teach, to one niche audience.
- Don’t say ‘yes’ to every tutoring opportunity.
So there you have it . . . if 1:1 tutoring works for you and you enjoy it, that’s great! However, if you’re desperate to leave teaching, exploring alternative models like the 2 Hour Tutor could provide the change and freedom you desire.